About Sigmund Nyberg
"My form language is abstract, often including figurative elements. Depth effect and conscious use of warm and cold colors are what occupies my art most of the time."
"By creating a comprehensive and the most vivid composition in the abstract form challenges the public's imagination. Some of the commentary is by the public viewed as spiritual."
1st. Int. Prize, Leonardo Da Vinci, Italy
Oscar dell' Arte, Monaco
Michelangelo International Prize, Rome
Sigmund Nyberg is an award-winning international artist. He graduated Nydalen Art School in 2012. He is also an economist and has studied marketing and economy.
He is represented in the permanent museum collection in European Art Museum, Denmark and has won international awards for his works in both Europe and North America. He received the Oscar Dell' Arte in 2017 in Monaco, and the Golden Palm of Art in 2016 in Monaco. He has exhibited in galleries in New York, Milano, Verona, Napoli, Denmark, Morocco, Louvre in Paris, Stockholm, Barcelona, Berlin and Norway.
His form language is abstract with figurative elements. Depth effect and conscious use of warm and cold colors are what occupies his art most of the time. By creating a comprehensive and vivid compositions in abstract form, he challenges the public's imagination. Some of the art is viewed as spiritual by the public.
He was born in Våler, Norway. And for the last 22 years he has lived and worked in Oslo, Norway. He works with oil and acrylic painting. Lithography, woodcutting and etching.
Prizes & Awards
- 2018 - Havnegalleriet, Dragør, Denmark
- 2018 - Albin Art, Oslo
- 2017 - Heia Hotel, Våler
- 2017 - Gildestuen, Oslo
- 2017 - Albin Art, Oslo
- 2016 - Grand Hotel, Larvik
- 2016 - Gallery Library, Våler
- 2016 - Gildestuen, Oslo
- 2016 - Heia Hotel, Våler
- 2015 - Gallery Laila, Stavern
- 2014 - Gallery Library, Våler
- 2014 - Gallery Laila, Stavern
- 2011 - Sæterhytten, Bygdøy, Oslo
- 2010 - Gallery Konowsgate, Oslo
- 2008 - Gallery Theresesgate, Oslo
- 2004 - Drift Gallery, Oslo
- 2004 - Gallery Ruge, Fortet, Mysen
- 2001 - Gallery Library, Våler
- 2001 - OMK gallery, Oslo
- 1999 - Paraplyen, Oslo
- 2017 - Segnalati Art Expo, Berlin, Germany
- 2017 - Gallery Mallings place, Kongsvinger, Norway
- 2017 - Bienal de Arte, MEAM Museum, Barcelona, Spain
- 2017 - Spring exhibition, Stockholms art salons, Sweden
- 2017 - Segnalati Expo, 2. Place , Taza, Marocco
- 2016 - Paris Louvre Expo, selected for Norwegian delegates
- 2016 - Paris Carrousel of Louvre Expo, France
- 2016 & 2017 - MAD Gallery, Milano, Italy
- 2016 - Segnalati, Napoli, Italy
- 2016 - Gallery A, Oslo, Norway
- 2016 - Triennale Italy, Int. Art expo, Verona, Italy
- 2016 - Taza Biennal Int. Art Expo, Marocco
- 2016 - Spring Salón, Taza, Marocco
- 2015 - Agora Gallery, New York, USA
- 2015 - Jelmoni Gallery, Milano, Italy
- 2014 - Arctandria Gallery, Oslo, Norway
- 2011 - 2016 - Fet art association, Fetsund
- 2010 - 2011 - Nydalen art school , Oslo, Norway
- 2009 - Gallery Sigvardson, Rødby, Denmark
- 2005 - Lions Club, Høybråten, Oslo, Norway
- 2003 - Lions Club, Bygdøy, Oslo, Norway
- 1990 - 2002 - OMK gallery, Oslo, Norway
- 1980 - 1990 - Finnskog Exhibition, Norway
- 1981 - Kongsvinger Library, Kongsvinger, Norway
From Norway to Italy
His art has been very well received in abroad. He has received 9 prized in Italy. He won the jury price at Premio International Arte in Milano in 2017. The same year, he also got his first permanent exhibition at the European Art Museum in Denmark.
He is often invited to exhibitions in Italy. Even though he have international exhibitions, he has a loyal audience at his birthplace, Våler in Norway.
"I am very surprised and I am very grateful for all the support I've received from home, I've reached the goals I couldn't have imagined possible just 10 years ago. I am very excited to see what the future will bring."